2.3. Installing Fermentrack without Docker¶
The use of Docker is recommended for all Fermentrack installations that are not being used for active development, as Docker ensures a consistent environment and simple upgrades.
There are two main ways to install Fermentrack without Docker:
Regardless of what method you choose, all of these expect your Raspberry Pi to be adequately set up with a working copy of Raspbian. If you have not yet installed Raspbian please read and complete Preparing a Raspberry Pi for Fermentrack
The overwhelming number of issues with Fermentrack are caused by environmental problems Docker helps prevent.
The easiest way to install without Docker is to run the legacy non-docker install script. To do this, simply complete the following:
- Log into your Raspberry Pi
sudo apt-install git-core)
- Clone the repo (
git clone https://github.com/thorrak/fermentrack-tools.git)
- Run the install script (
- Follow the prompts on screen. Relaunch the install script if prompted.
- Once installation completes, open a web browser and connect to Fermentrack to complete the installation process.
This script will:
- Install the software/packages necessary for Fermentrack to run
- Install Fermentrack
- Install Nginx
- Set up Nginx to access Fermentrack